Invisalign is a variety of braces that use clear tray aligners. The aligners are made of solid plastic, which puts pressure on the teeth and pulls them to the desired location. The aligners are custom-made to fit the patient’s mouth. The braces are transparent and removable and are less prominent when compared to the metal braces.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is transparent and hence appears invisible. They are so clear that your smile is not affected by wearing them. It gives a great alternative for teens and adults who don’t want to opt for traditional metal braces.
- It is very comfortable to wear them as Invisalign is made of smooth plastic with no sharp edges.
- The braces are easy to clean and maintain as they are removable. When you need to brush and floss your teeth, the trays can be removed, and they can wear it back after cleaning the teeth. A clean mouth is very important for the overall health of an individual. It is important to have healthy teeth and gums while having your teeth aligned.
- The treatment enables you to spend less time with the orthodontist as the trays need to be changed once every six weeks on average.
- One is assured of a comfortable experience without having to go through the cuts and abrasions in the mouth, which is the case in other methods of treatment.
- These braces are safe for everyone opting for it.
- It gives you the luxury of eating whatever kinds of food you want. Some of the foods are off-limits while wearing traditional metal braces. But this is not the case with Invisalign, as you can remove them and eat whatever you want.
- Better dental health is assured with this treatment. Apart from an aligned set of teeth, oral health is also very important.
- A beautiful set of teeth can be achieved with less pain and inconvenience.
What material is used in the manufacturing of Invisalign?
Invisalign is made from a clear and flexible thermoplastic material that is exclusively developed for the purpose of making the aligners. They look similar to teeth whitening trays.
What is the time duration for this treatment?
Several factors determine the time duration for this treatment. It is based on the age and specific requirements of every individual. The average time for the entire course of treatment is decided once your teeth have been examined and scanned.